Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome

I have been meaning to start a blog for sometime. Not because I think anyone would actually be interested in what I have to say (if you are reading this you are probably lost) but because my memory is getting so bad I have trouble remembering the conclusions I have reached after the hard work of reaching one.

My objectives for this blog are to provide a place for me to record the significant and insignificant "take-aways" from my day-to-day life. It is a intended to be a reference site for me. Anyone else who may benefit from it is welcome to consume as much content as they can stomach.

Since I am making this blog public I suppose I should address any potential readers and provide a brief summary of what they may expect.

The topics I expect to cover revolve around the areas of my life that require any significant thought. The topic may not itself be significant, only the thought I invested in the topic.You may be amazed at how much significant thought I can put into insignificant topics. Since (according to my teenage daughter) I am "older than dirt" I have some experience with thinking and am familiar with the topics that have or will likely cause significant thought on my part. So I can provide the reader with a list. I do however, reserve the right to think about and therefore blog about any topic that suits my fancy.

Software Development
I am a software architect by trade and have a passion for software development. Naturally I have and will continue to think about software development. So I expect to write extensively (relatively speaking) about software development. This topic is large and could include any area of the software development life cycle (SDLC), software development best practices (SDBP) or even the penchant for the technology community to use and/or invent new abbreviations and/or acronyms. Our industry is, of course rivaled only by the military.

Philosophy and Worldview
I am very interested in philosophical topics. I especially enjoy thinking about reality, our view or reality and how our view influences our behavior. Sometimes these topics bleed into some areas of science, but I don't spend much time researching science so I can't say I will have much to say about it. One area of science that I have thought some about is the theory of relativity. Specifically the theory of special relativity. Our view of time and space has very interesting ramifications on our philosophical views.

The topics of Philosophy and worldview have lead me down many paths including family, education, vocation and of course religion. I have thought quite a bit about these topics. It also has triggered thoughts about culture and society. I expect I will continue to think about and therefore blog about these topics.

I hope I am disciplined enough to consistently record my thoughts on this site for myself, my posterity and anyone else who may stumble upon them. If you enjoy any of my thoughts feel free to comment, even if you disagree. If you don't enjoy my thoughts don't read them any longer and don't bother with a comment - I can't imagine I would enjoy your comment.

Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment